Goecha La Trek, Sikkim, is the most popular way to reach the top of Mount Kanchenjunga (the third highest peak in the world). It is located entirely within Kanchenjunga National Park. This route has thicker and greener timber than other routes. You can find many opportunities to see different species of fauna and colourful foliage.
You will find the Himalayan Black Bear and Blue lamb, Thar and Snow Leopard, Foxes, Red Panda and Foxes in this region. There are also many raspberry species here, some of which are considered to be critically endangered, such as the Blood Pheasant. The area is home to many Rhododendrons.
The most memorable part of this journey is the breathtaking mountain views from the majestic zenith. The Dzongri peak offers views not only of Kanchenjunga, but also 16 other Himalayan mountains. The INR 100 bills depict this stunning view of Kanchenjunga.
Position of Difficulty
It starts off easy, but the terrain changes make it more difficult.
Maximum elevation,200 bases
11- day duration
The most fashionable months to visit are April to May, September to November and October to November.
An aggregate of 90 kms was covered.
Base Camp Yuksom
The Goechala Trek Route
Yuksom is the basecamp for this journey. The next stop on the trail is Sachen. You’ll pass many islands on your way to Sachen and you may encounter yak and mule-like creatures. Bakhim and Tshoka are your next destinations. They offer a lot of delicate climbing and thick timbers with rhododendrons. This will make your journey more exciting. Dzongri is the next stop on this journey. Some people only return to it after a few days.
Why should you trek the Goecha La Trek
- Sikkim should be at the top of any adventurer’s bucket list.
- Sunrise views from Mt. Kanchenjunga and 16 more peaks of Dzongri
- Denes and trekking in the Himalayas
- This adventure includes lush timbers and Tibetan cloisters.
- Kanchenjunga National Park Trek( UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Village life and friendly hospitality
- Uniqueness of amazing Flora and Fauna
- Beautiful boarding areas in the shadow of huge mountains
- The challenges of the trip
- It is a shooting paradise.
The Goechala Trek diary
If you stick to the schedule, you should be able to complete the whole Goechala trip in less than 11 days.
You still have the option of taking your time, or spending a redundant day at any point in between.
Day 1 Siliguri’s New Jalpaiguri Junction-> Yuksom’s base camp
Day 2 Yuksom-> Siachen
3rd day Sachen-> Bakhim-> Tshoka
Tshoka-> Phedang-> Dzongri Day 4
Day 5 Dzongri Leisure Day
Dzongri-> Dzongri Top-> Kokchurang-> Dzongri Thansing Day 6
7th day Thansing-> Lamuney
Day 8 Lamuney to Samiti Lake and Goecha La, as well as Thansing
Thansing-> Phedang-> Tshoka on
Tshoka-> Bakhim-> Sachen-> Tshoka Yuksom Day 10
Day 11 Siliguri-> Yuksom-> New Jalpaiguri Junction
Cost of the Goechala Trek
An average budget per person was calculated for an 11-day journey. This includes average accommodation and other costs such as permits, boarding canopies and touring outfits, gatekeeper fees, gatekeeper charges and so forth.
Bagdogra Airport Breakouts cost INR,000 per person roundtrip (Grounded on booking made 30 days before departure).
For accommodation (stay in Yuksom guesthouse or sleepover), INR 500 per person (double-sharing base, no duty).
INR for reflections
1000 INR for eclectic
A 11-day Goechala trip would typically cost INR,000 per head.
Keep in mind that prices for flights can vary depending on where the rubberneck is coming from and where they are going.
Packing Tips for Goechala Trek
You shouldn’t leave your house until you have completed every item on the Goechala Journey quilting list.
1. Firstly and most importantly. To start, you will need introductory gear such as refillable water bottles and sunglasses, a trekking stick, a rain-covered pack, an arsonist, spare batteries, a camera and a drone (if you have one).
2. Important Documents Three passport-sized prints, an Inner Line Permit ( ILP) for nonnatives and a medical instrument.
3. Quick-dry clothing includes warmers and lowers, track pants as well as t-shirts, thermals.
4. Implements A lightweight aluminium lunchbox, small plates, ladles, mugs, and other items that might be required.
5. Toiletries, sunscreen, moisturizers, toothpaste, cold cream, moisturisers and toothbrushes. Also, toiletries, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, bathroom paper and a small kerchief.
6. Must Haveanti-fungal cream, womanish tampons,non-biodegradable waste disposal pouches
7. Other First-aid items, specific details (if any), dried fruits, energy bars and chocolates, as well as munchie snacks.
Also Read: Best Winter Trek to do in India