Many summer fruits, such as watermelon, strawberries, and oranges, have high water content, which can help keep you hydrated during hot weather. Staying hydrated is essential for maintaining bodily functions, regulating body temperature, and supporting overall health.
Summer fruits are not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients that can benefit your health. Here are some popular summer fruits along with their nutrition facts:
- Watermelon is a hydrating fruit, perfect for hot summer days.
- It is low in calories and high in water content.
- It is a good source of vitamins A and C.
- Watermelon also contains lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.
- Nutrition per 100g: Calories: 30, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 0.4g, Vitamin C: 8.1mg.
- Strawberries are sweet and juicy berries loved by many.
- They are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Strawberries also provide dietary fiber and manganese.
- They are low in calories and high in water content.
- Nutrition per 100g: Calories: 32, Carbohydrates: 7.7g, Fiber: 2g, Vitamin C: 58.8mg.
- Blueberries are small, nutrient-dense berries.
- They are packed with antioxidants, including anthocyanins.
- Blueberries are a good source of vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- They have a relatively low glycemic index.
- Nutrition per 100g: Calories: 57, Carbohydrates: 14.5g, Fiber: 2.4g, Vitamin C: 9.7mg.
- Pineapple is a tropical fruit with a refreshing taste.
- It is a good source of vitamin C and manganese.
- Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which aids digestion.
- It is low in calories and rich in fiber.
- Nutrition per 100g: Calories: 50, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 1.4g, Vitamin C: 47.8mg.
- Mangoes are sweet and juicy tropical fruits.
- They are rich in vitamins A and C.
- Mangoes provide dietary fiber and contain antioxidants.
- They are a good source of folate and potassium.
- Nutrition per 100g: Calories: 60, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 1.6g, Vitamin C: 36.4mg.
Remember that these nutritional values may vary depending on the size and ripeness of the fruit. It’s always a good idea to enjoy a variety of fruits as part of a balanced diet to maximize their health benefits.
Also Read: Rose Bundy
Also Read: Theodore Vigo Sullivan Gillies